Making a simple homemade body scrub to exfoliate your skin is not hard. There are so many simple homemade solutions that can help you. Scrubbing your skin has many benefits and we are going to highlight them in this article.
The great thing though is that you don’t really need a lot of money to scrub. Forget about those expensive creams. Making your skin look younger and healthier should not be a hassle, and these simple solutions will work fine for you.
What Are The Benefits of Skin Scrubbing?
Before you even start making body scrub, you must be wondering why you should be doing this. Why should you even bother? What do you get in return?
Well, skin exfoliation has many benefits and here are some of the major ones according to How Stuff Works:
- Exfoliation can help rejuvenate your skin. It will make it look younger and healthier every day. This is because scrubbing tends to remove dead skin cells and other impurities. This will go a long way in revitalizing your skin.
- There are also a lot of moisturizing benefits that come with scrubbing. When the dead skin cells on top of the skin are removed, the skin is able to easily absorb moisture. This will lead to a more youthful and rejuvenated look.
- Improved self-tanning is also something to look forward to. Everybody loves to have a tan, and a natural one at that. Body scrub will help you achieve it.
- Scrubbing can also form the basis of your overall skin care routine. It gets the skin ready to maximize the benefits of other care routines. If you are looking to maximize the benefits of other skin care solutions, you must exfoliate.
Homemade Scrubbing Solution
With all the clear benefits that come with exfoliation, there is no doubt that it’s a practice everyone should try once in a while.
The following are some of the best and simple scrubbing solutions that you can make at home:
1. Banana Sugar Body Scrub
The banana sugar body scrub is a simple solution that can be made using ordinary household items. You will need a ripe banana for this, three tablespoons of granular sugar and a quarter of a tablespoon of vanilla extract.
Put the ingredients together in a bowl and smash them. Do not over smash though. The aim is to make it easier for the scrub to apply on the skin but if it’s too thin, it won’t work effectively. There are many other sugar-related scrubs which are also simple to make as shown by WikiHow.
2. Tomatoes Sugar Scrub
Granular sugar is a mainstay in all the homemade scrubs you will make and there is another simple variation here that you can try which features tomatoes. All you need is to slice a few pieces of tomatoes in a bowl and then add granular sugar.
Smash the mixture gently until you have a solid mixture. Apply it and you are good to go. The great thing about tomatoes is that they have a lot of nutrients that are very good for your skin according to Live Strong.
3. Vanilla Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
This is also a very simple homemade scrub that will really work wonders on your skin. The magic of coconut oil that is featured here will add to the benefits that you get from scrubbing.
So, what do you need to make it?
First, you must get half a cup of coconut oil. Half a cup of brown sugar and half a teaspoonful of vanilla extract will be needed too. Like all the other scrubs above, put all these ingredients in a bowl and smash them together. Apply the scrub gently on your skin and wait to see the results.
4. The Lavender Salt Scrub
Most of the scrubs that we have highlighted above are almost all sugar based. There is one made of salt, though. The lavender salt scrub will be a great choice. To make it, you will need everyday household salt and a touch of lavender.
This is not really one of the most popular options out there but there are quite a number of people who are using it.
Your skin is the most important part of your body. It protects you from so many things and as such, dedicating some efforts towards its care is highly recommended. There are many skin care solutions out there, but it all begins with an exfoliation using the homemade body scrub. Explore the simple tips above and you will realize the maximum benefits of scrubbing.