Ever had an experience where you went to a salon, paid for manicure services and before the day ended it had already started chipping off? I got good news for you! This can be avoided, because the gel nail polish is the best for your nails if you value quality and durability.
This polish lasts for long long enough than a day! The only thing you should do is, know how to apply it and remove it, because unlike the regular polish, it requires more attention and care. But if you don’t, worry less because you can always visit a salon for manicure to have it done by professionals.
Top Gel Nail Polish
If you are professional who wants to better the manicure services you offer to clients or you only want to do your own manicure at the comfort of your home, then you ought to have gel polish that is of high quality. Do you want to have great results? then you need to get a polish that is of standard. Enough of the talk, let’s see some of the best nail polish brands you can use.
1. Aimeli Gel Polish
This polish has more than 50 color shades of bright colors. The different colors change with the surrounding amount of light or even degrees. It has colors that radiate during darkness. It lasts for fourteen days. The polish has a thin coat and so, you can apply more than two coats that blend perfectly with the color.
2. Gellen Gel Polish
It has as many as 290 colors to choose from. Its polish is thinner – therefore, you can apply more than one or two coats. It lasts for long and according to Kay Braeburn, one can apply other brand coats on top of it such as matte coat because it prolongs the life of your manicure and to wipe it off you can use a cloth, which is link free, soaked in alcohol. This gel polish also gives a shiny look and it lasts for two weeks depending on how well you take care of your nails.
3. Elite 99 Nail Gel
It is less expensive compared to other brands and has the most variety of colors. The brand has more than 330 colors. It has different kinds of polishes like, glitter polish, magnetic polish, and polishes that change with temperature. It is thin and blends well with base coats of other brands. It can last for more than 14 days depending on how well it was applied.
4. Gelish Soak-Off Gel Polish
It has a variety of colors. They are more than 150 including the glitter types. It gives a shiny look and its thickness does not need you to apply another coat. The polish is packaged in small and medium bottles which are economical for a buyer that wants to buy more than one color. It also blends well with other types of gel polishes and has kits containing the top and bottom coats which are best for a beginner.
According to Kay Braeburn, after application, you have to soak the nails in acetone for 10 minutes or more depending on how the coat and polish have been applied.
Lucy’s Stash made this tutorial video,
Teach you how to apply and remove gelish polish step by step. It is a helpful video because the wrong application may not give good results and it could lead to further complications such as allergic reactions on your skin.
The Advantages of Using Gel Nail Polish
What would be the need of applying gel polish if it has no advantages? Below are the merits of using this polish;
- It lasts for a long time. This helps save your time, suppose that no one wants to keep visiting the salon or spa for manicure after every two days right?
- If you have thin nails, then this polish is the best option for you.
- It enhances nail growth. If you want your nails to grow comfortably and faster, then use gel polish. This is because you will have a great manicure on your nails and at the same time, allow your nails to grow extensively.
Is Gel Polish Better Than The Regular Polish?
Well, we are just about to get the answer to this question based on the comparison of both of their Pros and Cons.
The regular polish has the following Pros;
- It is the best option for those that do not mind visiting the salon regularly for manicure.
- You can remove it on your own at home.
- Some types of nail polishes are resistant to chips.
Gel polish on the other hand has the following Pros:
- It lasts for 2-3 weeks, therefore you don’t need to keep visiting the salon for manicure.
- You need a professional to remove the polish.
- It does require high maintenance.
- It gives a shiny look after application.
- It allows nails to grow well.
- It gives the nails some more strength.
- You can apply it on your own but you need to know how to do it.
The Cons of regular polish include:
- It chips off within a short time.
- It does not last for long.
Gel polish also has a few disadvantages. They include:
- It takes time before it chips off, due to its durability.
- If removed the wrong way, it can easily damage the nails. According to Summer Arlexis, you need a professional to remove it because this procedure requires a lot of keenness and if removed wrongly the acetone can lead to the weakening of your nails.
In cessation, gel polish is the better option to go for if you want a high standard manicure. Its finish on the nails is finer and gives you classy look in the end if applied the right way. You know what the best part of using this polish is? It can effortlessly last for as long as 21 days!